Answered By: Jeana Rogers Last Updated: Dec 18, 2017 Views: 208
Answered By: Jeana Rogers
Last Updated: Dec 18, 2017 Views: 208
- In the course you want to import into (not the course you want to import from), go to the Administration block and select Import.
- From the Import page, select the course you want to import from. Note that the page only shows ten courses. If you have more courses and the one you want isn’t listed, use the search box and select Search to find it.
- Select Continue to use the selected course for import.
- You will be asked to select whether to include Activities, include Blocks, or include Filters. Activities include things like assignment, quizzes, files, etc. Blocks include the blocks along the side of the course. Since these are mostly uniform, there may not be a change from semester to semester. Filters are often not altered and may be included or excluded. Check the boxes for each type you want, or leave them all checked if you want to copy the course exactly. Select Next.
- If you have chosen to include activities, you will be asked which activities or resources to include. By default, all activities are checked, which is useful if you want to copy a course exactly. If not, you can check boxes for particular activities to only bring them over. Bear in mind, though, that to import an activity you must also bring the topic section (the bolded entries) that contains it.
- Select Next.
- You will be taken to a confirmation and review page. There are no options to set here; it’s just a summary of what’s selected for import and what is not. Anything marked with a green check will be imported, anything with a red X will not. Select Perform Import to import the course.
- You will be notified once the import is complete. Select Continue when done.