Answered By: Jeana Rogers Last Updated: Aug 07, 2017 Views: 276
NOTE: Any activities and files you have added to your existing courses will not be included in the umbrella. We advise that you create your umbrella BEFORE you add your course material. Once you create an umbrella, you will not be able to unjoin courses from the umbrella without assistance from IT.
Only instructors and students enrolled by the “external database” method will be copied into an umbrella course. Any students enrolled manually in the old courses must also be manually enrolled in the umbrella course.
First you must create the 'umbrella'
- Go to one of the courses that you want to umbrella and select Enrollment Methods from the Administration block under Users.
- From the drop down menu Add Method choose Umbrella Course.
- Click on Go to Create Form to create a new umbrella.
- The recommended name for the New Umbrella Course Shortname will already be filled in for you.
- Click on the Save Changes button. A confirmation email will be sent to all instructors of the course with the new umbrella course’s name.
To add a course to an umbrella
- Go to another course that you would like to add to the Course Umbrella you just created.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 for this course.
- Click on Go to Join Form to add this course to an umbrella.
- Enter the Shortname (you must know this in order to join the courses) of the existing Umbrella and click Save Changes.
- Instructors will immediately be added to the course umbrella.
Students will take 24 hours to be included.