Answered By: Information Commons Last Updated: Jul 31, 2018 Views: 750
Answered By: Information Commons
Last Updated: Jul 31, 2018 Views: 750
To Use the Scanner:
- Tap your ID on the front of the machine or use the touchpad and pullout keyboard under the screen to log in using your Butler username and password. **If you are not a Butler faculty, staff, or student, ask at the Information Commons desk to be logged in.
- Once logged in, use the tabs across the top of the screen to choose to scan.
- Tap the button on the left side of the screen that says Address Entry. Choose E-mail, To, and then enter your e-mail. Tap OK in the top right corner of the window.
- Place the document you want to scan face-down on the glass in the top left corner (where the arrow is). Or if you prefer, you can use the top loader (text face-up) - though you'll have to change the settings if the original is double-sided.
- After closing the top of the scanner, a green light should appear in the circular button on the right side of the machine. Push this button to scan.
- If you have more pages to scan, repeat steps 4 and 5 for each page.
- When finished, tap Read-End on the screen, remove your document(s) from the scanner, and push the asterisk button to log out.
If you have further questions about scanning or need to scan in color, make two-sided scans, or resize scans, you can always ask at the Information Commons desk!