Answered By: Amanda Starkel Last Updated: Aug 15, 2018 Views: 324
Butler University Libraries contain various locations and collections. They will appear in front of the call numbers in the WorldCat Discovery record. It is important to pay attention to these locations, to make sure you are looking in the right place. Here are just a few:
- Butler Irwin Library
- Butler Science Library
- Butler Irwin Library Reference (also known as Information Commons, Ref., or Circulation Desk)
- Butler Science Library Reference
- Butler Irwin Library / Music - Fine Arts Reference
- Butler Irwin Library / A/V Collection (Circ. Desk)
- Butler Science Library / Periodicals
- Butler Science Library (or Butler Irwin Library)/ Browsing Collection
- Butler Irwin Library/ Special Collections
The general Irwin or Science Library locations are for the general book stacks that are located on the main floor of the Science Library and the 2nd floor and basement of Irwin Library. Browsing Collections are on the main floor in both libraries. The Curriculum Resource Center is in the College of Education South Campus, 4250 Haughey Ave.
Reference print collections are on the main floors of Irwin and the Science two libraries, and the A/V collections behind the Circulation Desks with just the empty cases on the shelves. Special Collections is on the 3rd floor of Irwin Library. Items that faculty have designated as Reserve items, shared by a class, are held behind the circulation desk with designated shorter checkout periods.
Watch for the signs by the stairs of the Irwin Library, and the signs with the call numbers for the row on the end of each book stack.
If you still are unsure how to find a Butler Libraries book, please visit the Information Commons desk on the first floor of Irwin to ask for help!