Answered By: Amanda Starkel
Last Updated: Jul 01, 2014     Views: 67

An "Education Commons" has been created in the lower level of the Irwin Library to group together most of the books, journals, juvenile and young adult books, audiovisual items, K-12 textbooks, and computer facilities that students from the College of Education may need to use. 

This includes the majority of the books in the libraries with call numbers that begin with "L", and also some books with other call numbers that are relevant to the education field. 

Be sure to check the location statement that is just in front of the call number in the WorldCat Discovery record, and it should tell you if the book is in the Education Commons. 

One large exception to this rule are the Butler masters and honors theses, which have LD701 call numbers and are located in a separate section, also on the lower level, in the "Annex" location, on the west side of the basement along with the Education Commons, but at the south end.  The Education Commons is on the west side of the basement level, but ranges from the center toward the north end.