Answered By: Information Commons Last Updated: Jun 18, 2014 Views: 167
Answered By: Information Commons
Last Updated: Jun 18, 2014 Views: 167
Adding Printers to a COPHS Mobile Computer
- Ensure you have installed the PrintSmart client. For directions on doing so, click here.
- Click the Start menu (Windows 7) or click Start and go to Run (Windows XP)
- Type \\buprint into the search bar in the start menu and press the Enter key (Windows XP users will need to type in the open dialog box)
- If prompted, enter your Butler username and password; ex: BUTLER\username
- In the window that appears, double-click on the printer you wish to install. Printers are named according to the building and room in which they are located. For instance, Starbucks is "AU_starbucks", Atherton Computer Lab is "AU_lab_1", and Irwin Library Lab is "IL_120_K". Find the locations and queue names for printers here.
- On Windows 7 you may be warned about installing a driver. Install the driver.
- Once you add a printer, you will not have to re-add it again (unless you manually remove it from your printer list)