Answered By: Marianne Eckhart Last Updated: Jun 18, 2014 Views: 404
Here are a few milestones for Ross Hall. For more in-depth research, the Archives has a file about Ross Hall.
Construction for Ross Hall began in the spring on 1953, and was built by Carl M. Guepel Construction Company from the designs of McGuire and Shook. In October 1954, The Collegian ran an article in titled, "Butler University's beautiful new 41,000,000 men's residence hall will be open for the first public showing from 2 to 6 pm Sunday.” In 1961, $950,000 was allocated for an addition to the building. A renovation was done to the hall in 1991.