Answered By: Kristen Allen Last Updated: Oct 11, 2018 Views: 207
The Rich Media area is located in the front of the computer quad (where the printers are).
TV & Blu-ray Player:
The television and Blu-ray player are located in the corner of the Rich Media area on the table next to the VHS to DVD converter. Headphones must be worn when using this and there are some available for check out at the IC Desk.
Wacom Tablet :
The Wacom tablet is located on the first table in the Rich Media area. This tablet comes with an interactive pen (located at the Information Commons desk) that allows the user to edit images or draw/write and project it on the computer screen.
The microfilm reader is located on the first table in the Rich Media area. To use the microfilm reader, use the following instructions:
- Turn computer on
- Flip back switch and wait for green light
- Login with Butler credentials
- If browser appears exit out
- Click Windows Start Button -> "All Programs" -> "PowerScan3000"
- Click "Ok" if it says "Trial has expired"
- Follow diagram to insert microfilm
- Logout when finished
To save images from the microfilm reader click "Output"->"OCR PDF Multiple-Page”->"Scan to Drive #1"->"Finish"
VHS to DVD Converter:
The Rich Media area offers patrons to convert whole or sample clips from VHS to DVD. Note that this converter uses real time i.e. an hour long tape will take an hour to convert. The library does not provide blank tapes, those would need to be supplied by the user. The steps are as following:
- Turn on Mac -> Finder -> Easy VHS to DVD -> Easy VHS to DVD Capture
- Set title and run time.
- Set capture to High
- Insert VHS into VCR, ensure that it is reading VHS not DVD
- Press play and continue
- Check sound, hit continue
- Rewind to where the video should start
- Press play and hit Start to record
- Hit Stop Recording when finished
- Edit in iMovie